Friday, May 25, 2012

Looking Back- Striving Forward



So today walking out of the temple (we did sealing with out branch prez SO AWESOME) 


there were these two young boys in suits and hair combed over (i would guess 11).
It was the most amazing thing... I saw the look in their eyes and I walked out of the temple doors. Watched them look at me and mouth the words "oh! look! A missionary!" then they bowed their heads and moved to the side of us as we walked up past them.
 
I had the most amazing feeling as I was prompted to turn to these young boys and offer them my hand, Introducing myself as a Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. The looks in their eyes reminded me in an INSTANT of the times that I myself had shaken the hands of the missionaries and a Young boy and I felt the spirit hit so strong. I asked them if they were serving missions and they both were so shocked they just shook their heads yes. I smiled and laughed and took of my name tag and placed it on the boy closer to me. Laughed again. and Said "I think that looks pretty good, how about you?" The boys shook their heads and we all laughed. shaking their hands once again we watched them walk away as we returned to the MTC.
 
I want you all to know that I know that this Gospel is one of Family. In the proclamation to the world (a great missionary tool) It states that families when founded upon the gospel of Jesus Christ, are un-breakable. I know this too be true and had the opportunity to share this with an investigator this week. The spirit resides in these words whether in Portuguese or English.
 
I love you all so much and am about to go do some laundry and write you some Individual letters :) I wish I had color paper :P ;)
 
 
Love you all sooooo much!!
Elder Brooksby
PS Love the Pics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post here. It will be reviewed and then put on the Blog as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing!