Sunday, June 3, 2012

Armies...Then and NOW!


During our district meeting this week on sunday, someone gives a lesson, I totally forgot to assign a lesson I've been so busy with trying to keep my band together! so I had to give the lesson. An hour before the meeting I prayed so hard, to know what it was that I needed to say, what the district needed to hear and what I needed to learn to become who they needed me to be. earlier in the week I fasted for this same thing (fasting is a tool that should be used much more then it is now... its amazing). Tudo Bem. Anyways as I was praying I got hit by a train of the spirit. I was on my desk and all the sudden I jumped up! I knew what I had to do. Grabbing Elder Diaz (my Companion) and running to the dorm I retrieved the Title of Liberty Flag. One of my favorite Scriptures and the one I read at the age of 12 and committed to serve a mission myself due to this scripture. Running back to the class Elder Diaz and I then made a brief outline.
 
Long story short. The lesson about our Saviors love and his example of loving others came to the point when I felt impressed to talk about another group of young men who are the best example of this Turning to Alma 53:
 
"17 And they entered into a covenant to fight for the liberty of the Nephites, yea, to protect the land unto the alaying down of their lives; yea, even they covenanted that they never would give up their bliberty, but they would fight in all cases to protect the Nephites and themselves from bondage.
18 Now behold, there were two thousand of those young men, who entered into this covenant and took their weapons of war to defend their country.
19 And now behold, as they never had hitherto been a disadvantage to the Nephites, they became now at this period of time also a great support; for they took their weapons of war, and they would that Helaman should be their leader.
20 And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for acourage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.
21 Yea, they were men of truth and asoberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to bwalkuprightly before him."
I realised that these scriptures discribed the Elders sitting in front of me! It hit me again with that same train of the spirit. After testifying that I knew we are the Army of the Lord I pulled out the title of Libery Flag and The spirit was like BAM! Everyone in the room littlerally gasped. I was on the verge of balling my eyes out and all the sudden we just started singing Armies of Helaman.
 
I'm happy to say that after everyone signed the flag we went to the temple together after offering a prayer for us to be united in our Saviors love and in our mission here for him. At the temple we took a picture of the District (you have it now) and I am in the middle of my little army! EU SOU MUITO AMOR POR ISSO!!! You can't take the MTC away from my heart and I will return again someday.
 
I want everyone to know that I love them and not only is my little district part of Gods army but each of the the Boys and Girls in our Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post here. It will be reviewed and then put on the Blog as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing!