Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Well, I thought that this would be an adventure...but I didn't know that the fun would start so soon.  At around 6:30pm Tuesday May 1st my phone rang (while I was watching the 3 boys at baseball practice) and it was not someone I expected.
I was getting a call from the Univ. Hospital emergency room.  She said that my son Tyson was there and would like to talk to me.  At first it did not register...Tyson was safe and sound in the MTC.  He is a missionary.  Missionaries don't go to the emergency room.  Well let me tell you... they do.
Tyson went into surgery at 7pm that same day for an appendicitis.
Miracle #1- He did this in the MTC and not in Portugal
Miracle#2- His appendix did not rupture even though it was past the 24 hour window.  The surgeon said the his body slowed it down so that they were able to get to it in time.
Miracle#3- The MTC allowed us to be with him while he recovers.

So I rush like a crazy person to the Hospital with my Husband.  We get to the waiting room and then...wait.  When the surgeon comes out to talk to us he looks familiar to me.  Yes, he is the same doctor who removed my gallbladder years before.  Small world.
He says Elder Brooksby is doing great and that he is quite the guy.  Translation: Tyson is dang funny even when his insides are threatening to explode.  All is well, he is recovering in the post op room and someone will get us when he wakes up.

I pace some more, Craig is on the phone.  We both have our own methods to deal. Then I see the magic rolling bed that holds my son.  He looks so big and pale and wounded but alive and right in front of me.  My heart feels like it is going to break.  I am so relieved and scared at the same time.

I am holding his hand and he looks up at me through the anesthesia haze and says, "mom".  He is amazing.

More later...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an experience! I loved your three major blessings you pointed out, if his appendix were to burst, as it had...he was in the perfect place, at the perfect time, with the perfect people! I love your idea for his mission blog! We will be reading along for the next two years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Sonja! I'm so grateful for your 3 miracles! And I'm so glad you're writing this blog! Can't wait to hear all about his recovery and return to the mission field! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post here. It will be reviewed and then put on the Blog as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing!