Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Glory Glory... Hallelujah!

You may ask why I have that as my title.
Well,
WE HAD A BAPTISM! :D
XXXXXXXX! A 42 year old sweet lady who works learning houses and grew up gardening! Capo verdinan! She never went to school or spoke Portuguese before coming here and she is really reliant on the help of God! After the first lesson with her, she started dreaming about God and getting baptized...... :D The hard part is... She doesn't speak Portuguese  She speaks the language of Creole (its like pumza´s remember?) but without the clicks and stuff. I cant understand her at all :P Elder Riberio is the one to teach her basically :P haha I just smile and show pictures! :D

The week was SUPER AWESOME! We had the general 70 over our area come and give us a bunch of light on how we can work better. Now were back in the trenches and getting to work.!
I've started to organize a Missionary Prep class for... EVERYONE! haha We want to invite our stake to participate and learn the Hows, Whats, and Whys of missionary work! Pray that I can get it going! Its pretty much a personal project :P hahaha.

As far as missionary work goes we are knocking doors and I'm joking with people on buses trying to get the word out as best possible! :P :D

I was really surprised this week at how much time has past since I taught a lesson, since entering here I've taught about 4-5 1st lessons and only 2 2nd. Its so crazy when we find someone who listens for a little I forget what I am supposed to teach :P :P

Man this week felt so long but I don't have a whole lot to write about today :S :P

Tomorrow is a new year! What are the goals for you all?!
Mine are be a good missionary and a good example for all you stinky butts :P

XXXXXXl: haley got your letter!! :)

I watched the movie of the family! Hahahhahahah I loved it! I especially loved the part where Savannah talked. She is growing up :) Reminds me of Haley a little hehe.

I calle dthe office to see if they have the book articles of faith, if they do Ill grab it here! (good idea Haley) If you all are going to study the Book of Mormon this year I also I will go chapter by chapter with you all! I have a lot more study time this transfer!

Anyways Im going to go wander the apartment now, My comp wants to sleeeeeep :P

I Love You!
Elder Brooksby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post here. It will be reviewed and then put on the Blog as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing!