Monday, June 25, 2012

Elder Tyson LEAVES!

So I have to apologize for taking so long to get another post done.  I have been working on getting Haley ready for her mission.  I have to say, girls are much more complicated to prepare.
Boys : 2 suits and a few ties.  Easy
Girls:  8 outfits with accessories and forget about the other girly stuff!

So that is my excuse.  Sorry.  But Haley is 49 hours from entering the MTC!

Meanwhile, Tyson left the MTC on Tuesday the 19th.  I was so excited to talk to him and find out how the last few days in the MTC were.  Then I got a letter and he said that his travel plans had changed and he would probably not be able to call.  Bummer.

I did wait patiently for a miracle on tuesday and at 1:30pm when I still hadn't gotten a call I left the house with Haley to get some things on her list and then we planned to go to the Temple.

While we were in Walmart I got a call with no one on the other line so I hung up and went on.  I was disappointed but wanted to stay happy for Haley.  We dropped by the office and I changed cars the Craig and then we were off to the Draper Temple!

We got to the temple and were just shutting off our phones when mine started to ring.

IT WAS MY SON TYSON!  I was so surprised and happy!  He was just getting ready to board the plane and some kind Angel lady had let him use her phone!  He had tried to call earlier but had a bad connection.  He called his Dad but couldn't get him to answer the phone so he left a message.  I got to talk to him for only a few minutes.  He told me that all the traveling had paid off and he was able to maneuver the 14 Elders through the maze of stuff to do at the airport!  Thanks goodness!

He told me that he loves me and that was enough for me...

While I was in the Temple an overwhelming spirit came over me.  What a blessing to have a son working so hard to share this amazing gospel to the people of Portugal!  Maybe someone that is touched through his hard work and the Holy Ghost may be sitting in the Temple feeling these blessing wash over them someday!

A sacrifice to have him so far away, but such a joy too!
Thank you Tyson...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post here. It will be reviewed and then put on the Blog as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing!