Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Elder Brooksby-Training first Greene from MTC!

Its been pretty good week! :)

Well, what can I say?
We gad a division with the Zone leaders this week, they helped us work on the things we can better so that our investigators, will progress better.
It was pretty interesting how the Lord gave us the day away from each other so that My comp could see the difference in the way that I work and the way other missionaries work. At the end of the division a stronger connection was there between us :) Its good to be able too see what you like in others! :)
After finding a bunch of new people this last week, a few of them made it through the hurdle of the first contact to an actual lesson. Speaking of which! We have some new friends here that I wanna tell you all about!

1. xxxxx: Really cool guy from Africa who is smart and has like.... 0 teeth.
2. xxxxx: A 26 year old who on our first contact asked all about the church and had questions like crazy! We had the opportunity to meet with her last night and with our branch president and his wife, it was a really good time and she basically asked for a book of Mormon before we had even started talking about it! :) It was really cool to see the Lord was preparing people for us to teach as we do our best and work hard!

Some really good new training for us as well... Its stuff I wish I had been doing and understanding since day 1! But I know God reveals everything in His own due time. Patience and Humility are two things I'm going to be working on.

I wish someone had come up to me in the street and said this to me in the first day:

"Elder Brooksby, If you are humble you will have the spirit." 

I'm sure someone did though.,... but I was just plugging my ears and running around in a circle screaming nonsense.».«

Ive got a WHOLE lot more too learn... Wow. Sometimes it´s scary to think Ive got this far and Im still a babbling fool at times :D

Lots of yelling at us this week, even the first time Elder Shumway used the phone an older woman yelled at him, then gave the phone to her husban and he yelled at him. The funny part... He didnt understand a word :P

Pray for us, I know someone is because in the moments that are about to be difficult I get this força to keep going.

"When we have faith in Christ, we accept and apply His Atonement and His teachings. We trust Him and what He says. We know that He has the power to keep His promises."
Preach My Gospel.

Love you all! Elder Brooksby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post here. It will be reviewed and then put on the Blog as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing!