Monday, March 11, 2013

Dog is on Fire?




I'm really happy :) I got done reading some really cool stuff that's happening in the mission. Our President is a really inspired man :)
Well we had a zone conference in Faro, Portugal. Its about 3 hours from where I am serving and we are going to be returning there today for interviews with the President. Im pretty happy with how the area is going out here, although all our numbers are lower then the zone we´ve been able to find some people really incredible..
Including one that was marked for baptism yesterday :) Remember xxxxx?
Well we´ve been trying to involve our members in everything we do, because if you baptise 100 people but they don't feel welcome in church by the people... they´ll leave. So we have been always bringing members and switching the members we use so when they come to church they feel at home :)

The funny thing is...
The Members are marking the baptisms of our investigators before we know they wanna be baptised.... ;P
I don't know how but the last two baptisms have been our investigators calling a member and saying... So... I got an answer to my prayers and I want you to baptise me. And we are like suffering on our knees praying for a miracle while our members are laughing about plans for the service and who will baptise who... Its crazy :D In a good way. Haha.

Elder Shumway is doing excellent. Yeah it gets a little hard a few days when we've already talked with everyone who ISN'T ready and no one who IS. You just want to give up and go to eat a cake somewhere.... But YOU DON'T! :P You got talk to 3 more people and get rejected 3 more times! THEN you go eat a cake!

That's how we do it here! We make up excuses for why people didn't want to talk to us..
Elder Brooksby: She looked like she was in a hurry maybe..
Elder Shumway: She got a call and her dog is on fire at home.
Elder Brooksby: Yeah! That's probably what it was.
Elder Shumway: Yeah. I'm pretty sure it was...

Hahahahaha
Then we keep rolling.

So were getting some good stuff going. Its not always hard.

I saw one of the saddest things I think Ive seen to this day. I can only say that It was the work of Lucifer. The Enemy Of All Righteousness.
One of our investigator families split up. They have 3 Children 17, 10, 4. The Mother and Father are not married so they couldn't get baptised. Then this weekend at an activity the kids all showed up looking like skeletons. xxxx (10 year old) just said... "My parents are separating..." the older girl didn't say anything and they just walked in a started playing with us.

I was overwhelmed with the feeling that My Loving Heavenly Father was crying in the moment that tears sprung to my eyes. I know that Marriage is ordained of God and that a Family can only be happy when founded upon the principles of righteousness. As The Savior commanded "Pray Always". Please remain firm in your prayers for Our Mother and Father to always be guided by The Lord and His Spirit. I know that its the only way Ive gotten as far in this life as I have until now.

I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit and for My Lord and Savior. For My Heavenly Father who when I am worthy communicates His thoughts and desires through me. 
This week one of our investigators got a call from his father as we were there. he talked for a few mins and then hung up and said sorry. I saw the happiness that came from a short conversation with a father who loves and cares. How much more is it when we talk to the Father of our Souls? We must never forgot this :)
I can´t.

So this week will be good I hope :)

Oh A new change for All missions, We are allowed to email all friends family and everything! The First Presidency JUST changed the rule (two days after I sent the email saying I couldn't.. haha trail of faith.) So we can talk to Trevar and all the other missionary friends we have and I had a really strong spirit telling me that we need to encourage our friends at home to remain faithfully and prepare to serve Him.

Well I wrote a ton today! Ill send pics someday :)

Love You All
Elder Brooksby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post here. It will be reviewed and then put on the Blog as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing!